You can make a beautiful Istanbul medallion from this inspiration box.
The handmade L2Studio.sk cabochon is cca. 27 mm wide. It was handmade with great care by my friend Lenka Gondova.
I put together the other cabochons from my own stash to accompany it. Many of them are hard to come across, limited edition Swarovski Elements. I collected them while I used to run my bead shop several years ago. I decided to share them with you to give them a chance to sparkle. Because of this I will not be able to replicate any of the Istanbul BeadBoxes.
So, here is the list:
- 1 x 12 mm cushion cut Swarovski Elements fancy stones in Crystal Astral Pink (nr. 4470)
- 4 x of 10 mm Pacific Opal Swarovski Elements rivoli
- 1 x of 14 mm Fuchsia Swarovski Elements rivoli
- 2 x of 10×14 mm White Opal Swarovski Elements pear shaped cabochon
+ 2 x 12 mm Fuchsia Swarovski Elements rivoli, so you can make matching earrings 🙂
The BeadBox also contains:
- 8 g of Miyuki Delica beads to bezel and connect the crystals
- 8 g of Miyuki 15/0 seed bead to bezel and connect the crystals
- An assortment of Swarovski pearls
- Swarovski bicone beads, which I planned to use, but unfortunately forgot at home. This is your chance to correct my mistake and add more bling if you want.
The seed beads and pearls are all of exactly the same colour I used.
This special collection of beads and cabochons was inspired by the “guerrilla beading” I did in Istanbul. An exact replica of the original medallion can not be made of it, and it doesn’t come with a tutorial. You will have to figure out the exact placement of the stones and how to connect them.
TIP: You can learn a lot about bezeling cabochons in my e-book “HOW TO MAKE YOUR WORK LAST BY COVERING THE BACK OF ALL YOUR PEYOTE BEZELS.”
There are no reviews yet.